Resources: Knowledge is Power
Hospice of Marion County Speakers Bureau:
Your First Choice
Contact our Speakers Bureau for a professional speaker on a variety of hospice-related subjects; available to make a presentation to your church, club or civic group.
Quick Links to Resources on the Web
Our hope is to provide patients and families with as much information and help as they need. The following links are especially helpful and offer a wide range of resource material. For additional information, visit the Hospice Care Database of Links, which currently has over 650 links of interest.
- Preparing for Your Care An online decison-making tool to help you plan for your future care, make medical decisions for yourself and others, and talk with your doctors get the medical care that is right for you.
- Hospice of Marion County has teamed up with Atlantic Publishing in an exciting new venture. This partnership offers invaluable information to patients and families to get their affairs settled and finances in order well in advance of end-of-life issues. Have these discussions and make these choices now so loved ones do not have to endure the burden of legal matters without guidance. These resources help everyone gain peace of mind now and relief during difficult transitions times. Atlantic Publishing is donating a portion of all book purchases to Hospice of Marion County to support of patient care programs. View the selections and order online.
Caregiving and Advocacy Resources
- GovBenefits.gov— Your Benefits Connection: GovBenefits is a partnership of many Federal agencies and organizations with a shared vision— to provide improved, personalized access to government agencies.
- Aging with Dignity: Advocates for the needs of elders and their caregivers, with a particular emphasis on improving care for those at the end of life.
- Americans for Better Care of the Dying (ABCD): ABCD is a non-profit public charity dedicated to social, professional, and policy reform aimed to improve the care system for patients with serious illness, and their families.
- On Our Own Terms: Based on two years of research and production, "On Our Own Terms" takes Bill Moyers to the front lines of the movement to improve end-of-life care and reports on the best models for change.
- Marion County Senior Alliance: The Marion County Senior Alliance is pleased to present this Directory of Senior Resources.
Death, Dying, Grief, & Bereavement Support
- Beliefnet: A multi-faith independent site which features articles of the nation's most accomplished and respected journalists in the fields of religion, spirituality and morality.
- CareGiver: An information resource on long-term care.
- Dying Well: Resources for people facing life-limiting illness, their families, and their professional caregivers.
- The End of Life: A National Public Radio series featuring AHF in some of the reports.
- Professional Chaplaincy: Its Role and Importance in Healthcare
- Caring Bridge: Free, secure personalized websites that support and connect families and friends during end-of-life care.
Specialized Hospice Programs & Information
- Beth Israel - Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care: The Department of Pain Medicine and Palliative Care is dedicated to providing comprehensive care of the highest quality in pain management and palliative care, and advancing the educational and research aims of these disciplines.
- Children's Hospice International: Provides a network of support and care for children with life-threatening conditions and their families.
- Compassionate Care Spanish-language HelpLine: 877-658-8896. Are you caring for a loved on who is seriously ill? Do you have questions about grief and where to find support? Do you have questions about hospice services and end-of-life care? Cuidando con Cariño is a toll-free HelpLine that offers information and resources for people living with or caring for someone with a serious illness. Our bilingual staff can answer questions on grief, caregiving, advance directives and other end-of-life issues. They can also help you find community hospice or palliative care programs and services. Call the Compassionate Care Spanish-language HelpLine today for a compassionate, listening ear and free information.
General Information about Hospice
Hospice Affiliated Companies
Volunteering: Doing Good is Good for You
Statistics prove it—doing good for others improves your health and wellbeing.
- www.getpalliativecare.org — When you are facing a serious illness, you need relief. Relief from pain. Relief from other symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite and shortness of breath. Relief from stress.