Volunteer…Make a difference, make a friend!
Hospice volunteers come in all shapes and sizes and perform a variety of services from direct patient care to working in our thrift stores or helping in the office. Whatever scenario fits your unique skills and personality, we need you. The hospice philosophy is Neighbors Helping Neighbors. You can be part of a wonderful team of local people that serve others. As a volunteer, you can make friends, find a place to use a new or lifelong skill and have the satisfaction that your time is being well-spent.
In 2017, Josephine Foster donated $25,000 to name the Volunteer Services Department in honor of her husband, E.L. Foster, Jr.,a former Ocala mayor and HMC board member 2003-2005. Mr. Foster was on hospice services before his death in 2016.
Foster’s volunteer legacy also includes many community improvement efforts including Horse Fever, the Appleton Museum of Art, Historic Ocala Preservation Society, Munroe Regional Memorial Hospital, Ocala Civic Theater and others.
- Patient Visits Companion visits to Hospice Patients or those in our Transitions Program
- Specialty Visits Pets, Vets, Spiritual Care and more
- Thrift Store Volunteers Sales Associates and Cashiers
- Hospice House Volunteers Greeters, Patient Visitors, Specialty Visits
- Support Volunteers Bereavement, Couriers, Office, IT, Outreach and Philanthropy